Westfield recognises the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We are committed to the protection of your personal information. Our policies comply with our legal obligations and are intended to protect your privacy in respect of any personal information that you may provide to us.
What information we collect and why
When you become a user of ninthdegree.com, on the site we ask for:
- your name
- your Company name and address
- your phone number and
- your email address.
Who collects the information
The information collected about you which is held or used in connection with this site may be collected by:
- Westfield Limited or other members of the Westfield Holdings Limited Group of Companies;
We refer to each of these people in this policy as "us", "we" or "Westfield".
How your information is stored
Information held about you (for example, your E-mail address) is held in a database. The database is protected by a firewall as well as host-based security. The data is not transmitted over the Internet once it has been stored in the database. If Westfield ever has a requirement to transmit the data over the Internet (For example, to make an off-site backup) it will be in encrypted form.
The electronic environments are real-time monitored by Westfield and a third party specialist security monitoring company.
Disclosing your information
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information private, so we will disclose personal information we have about you only in certain specific circumstances, when:
- you agree to the disclosure;
- we use it for the purposes we collected it; or
- disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Other information we collect
We may also collect the following information during your visit:
- the fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our site, or alternatively, your IP address;
- the date and time you accessed each page on our web site
- the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer)
- the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
We use this information so that we can tell which pages are the most popular and where shoppers spend most of their time. We use this information to improve our site.
Junk mail or unsolicited email
You will only receive emails from ninthdegree.com if:
- You request information about our services when you choose to contact us. You will not be added to a mailing list of any kind and will only receive e-mail in the matter that you have contacted us about.
- Everytime a file is posted in a deal you are involved with is made.
Tips on sending us information
While we do all we can to guard your privacy, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure. When you share your information with us, it is at your own risk. There are ways you can help maintain the secrecy of your information:
- always close your browser when you have finished your user session
- ensure others cannot access your personal information and emails if you use a public computer.
If something goes wrong
Please contact us by email or by phone, using our Contact Us function if you believe:
- someone has gained access to your personal information by mistake
- we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way
We will try to satisfy any privacy questions that you have and correct any errors on our part. If you still have concerns please contact our Privacy Officer by email on email@example.com, or phoning (+61 2)9358 7000.
Changes to our Privacy Statement